The top B2B tech topics for 2024 – according to ChatGPT, but not according to IBA
Let’s start this blog with a disclaimer. Warning: some of the following contains AI-written content.
Yes, the IBA team is putting generative AI to the test by asking it to predict the top B2B technology trends for 2024 onwards. We’re conducting a bit of an experiment to see how in the loop gen-AI really is on the latest B2B tech developments.
An AI-generated disclaimer
Our prompt for the following generated copy involved a two-step process: first to ask ChatGPT what will be the top five B2B technology trends in 2024 – then to ask it to draft a blog based on its output.
But hold on – after the first prompt, the AI started with as disclaimer of its own.
“I don’t have access to information beyond my last knowledge update in January 2022. However, I can suggest some B2B technology trends that were gaining momentum around that time and could potentially continue to be important in 2024.”
So, anyone genuinely using Generative AI to predict the future should be aware that the data used to feed their output is coming up to two years out of date!
Here’s what it threw up – pun intended! So don’t fasten your seat belts, and here we go:
Anticipating the Future: Top 5 B2B Tech Trends for 2024
In the ever-evolving landscape of business technology, the trajectory of advancements continues to shape the way industries operate. As we edge closer to 2024, several key trends in the B2B sector are anticipated to redefine the way businesses function, adapt, and innovate. These trends, rooted in the foundation laid in previous years, are poised to make a significant impact in the tech sphere.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: The prowess of AI and machine learning is set to further revolutionize B2B landscapes. Their role in data analytics, predictive insights, and process automation will continue to drive efficiency, enhance decision-making, and optimize operations. Businesses are harnessing these technologies to gain a competitive edge and understand their customers more profoundly.
- Edge Computing: The growing swarm of IoT devices and sensors spewing vast data volumes necessitates a shift towards edge computing. This trend involves processing and analyzing data closer to its source, minimizing latency, and enabling real-time decision-making. Industries reliant on instantaneous data-driven decisions are expected to embrace this technology for its efficiency.
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: With the rise in cyber threats and increasing regulatory pressure around data privacy, B2B organizations are diligently investing in cybersecurity measures. Data protection, compliance with stringent regulations like GDPR, and fortifying defenses against evolving threats will remain paramount.
- Cloud Computing and Hybrid Solutions: The indispensable role of cloud technology in B2B IT infrastructure persists. As we head towards 2024, a surge in hybrid and multi-cloud solutions is anticipated. These models offer a balance between performance, cost-effectiveness, and security, catering to diverse business needs.
- Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology: Blockchain’s promise of transparency and security is anticipated to find deeper roots in B2B processes. From revolutionizing supply chain management to enhancing contract and identity verification systems, the maturation of blockchain technology will see more widespread adoption.
In the run-up to 2024, businesses that embrace these trends will likely find themselves better positioned to navigate the dynamic terrain of the B2B technology landscape. The proactive integration of these technologies can spell the difference between a stagnant operation and a forward-thinking, adaptive business model.
As the year unfolds, it’s imperative for businesses to stay abreast of these emerging trends, adapt swiftly, and potentially collaborate with industry experts to leverage these technologies effectively. The evolving digital ecosystem promises both challenges and opportunities, and those who anticipate and adapt to these shifts will undoubtedly be at the vanguard of innovation and success in the B2B sphere.
The future is in the making, and the onus is on businesses to embrace these technological trends, shaping their own trajectories and contributing to the evolving narrative of B2B technology in 2024 and beyond.
I see the words – but what do they mean?
On a Zizz already? The above ‘blog’ has the following attributes. It’s shape looks like a blog, it flows like a blog, it might even pass as a blog given the standard some of our team has seen companies publish in the past – but it’s difficult to get past the marketing speak (pardon my yawn). Is the B2B tech landscape really a “dynamic terrain” and is it really ground-breaking to say that leading-edge companies will “undoubtably be at the vanguard of innovation and success”? They wouldn’t be leading edge if they weren’t!
Then there are the trends themselves: all surface-level, generic, no context or examples – and straight out of the 2021 technology playbook!
Could the monkeys bashing out the works of Shakespeare do a better job than the above? Maybe, given enough time. While ChatGPT can certainly produce the content in real-time, it’s obvious that the ‘knowledge’ it possesses isn’t in real-time. For now, PR and marketing professionals will have to do their own analysis on what’s impacting their customers and prospects and use their brains to establish a credible and considered narrative of where B2B tech is going in the coming year.
Coming soon – part two of the tech trends experiment
The IBA team is right on point here. We meet regularly to thrash out trending stories, hot topics, and themes. We have collated some of the top themes for the year and how those messages have pulled through into media coverage for our broad spectrum of clients – across differing industries and geographies. We’re also looking into next year with extensive editorial calendar research and taking the temperature of the analyst community to think about what’s ahead.
It’s a Friday Drop coming soon, so watch this space for a human-led approach to blog the top B2B technology developments for 2024. ChatGPT has thrown down a pretty pathetic gauntlet!